Disaster Recovery Consultant – FEMA Public Assistance
Professional Opportunities in Damage Assessment and Recovery. Seeking self-directed individuals with Engineering, Construction, or Estimating/Appraisal experience. Ongoing temporary assignments requiring travel (primarily within/near New York State but includes continental US). Preference given to individuals with previous FEMA Public Assistance experience and those with Construction Management expertise (with or without FEMA PA experience).
- Represent client interests to state, FEMA and other parties; Advocate for clients by providing technical expertise / assistance in documenting losses and also ensuring correct eligibility determinations are executed by FEMA;
- Work closely with clients to document their losses on grants (Data Packages/Project Worksheets);
- Conduct site visits / damage inspections;
- Quantify losses – created detailed damage description of each loss;
- Document proposed scope of work required to restore damage site to its pre-disaster condition;
- Work with client to develop cost documentation for work completed;
- Estimate costs for work-to-be-completed, and;
- Promote/suggest improvements for disaster resiliency (hazard mitigation).
Skill areas include:
- Project management;
- Cost estimating;
- Writing descriptive accounts;
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, clients and associates;
- Ability to analyze data;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency with PCs.
Individuals with strong analytical abilities, demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills, ease of use with current business technologies (computers, smartphones, etc.) and an in-depth understanding of what the phrase "client advocate" means are encouraged to apply. Our company is an established, highly-regarded organization focused on FEMA Public Assistance Grant Funding clients and their needs. Our mission is to advocate, advance understanding, strategize and implement recovery plans on behalf of our clients that are victims of disasters.
How to Apply
SRC is always looking for high-quality talent. Professionals having experience with the FEMA Public Assistance Program are encouraged to email your resume, or complete the form below.
Simmons Recovery Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simmons Recovery Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Simmons Recovery Consulting expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Simmons Recovery Consulting’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.